26 September 2006

Well, now we know: soon means just under 2 years.

I'll re-post my old mblog entries here. Also, feel free to browse some of my posts on DeviantArt. It's been a while since I've uploaded anything new, but I'm sure I will soon.

Random thought for today: I went to Pizza Hut in Scheveningen (near the beach). They have a salad bar and whatnot, but you can only go once. No free refills (of course). The waiter saw me walking up to the salad bar and said "only 1 plate." I told him in the U.S. you can get all-you-can-eat, and he responds "yes, but then for 2 euros you could eat the whole thing."

Now, you could actually eat the whole bar, as it is quite small (though the glass would be impossible to digest), but what I don't understand is the lack of customer trust. You say you're afraid the customer will eat too much, but then you have open-air restaurants where you are just expected to go up and pay after you eat. Sometimes the servers don't even remember what you've ordered and you have to tell them. Hell, you could just walk away.

How is that not worse than someone possibly eating too much of your food?

No comments: